If you have a Claim.
- The Claims Department must be notified of any accident, proceeding or other event which may give rise to a claim as soon as reasonably practicable. Delay in notifying us may affect our ability to pay a claim
- You must co-operate with Us at all times and give Us all the information and help We request
- You must provide Us with the records and documents We request
- You must not admit liability, negotiate or refuse any claim without Our written consent
- We are entitled to the control and settlement of all proceedings arising out of or in connection with Your claim
- Claims will not be paid in respect of expense to the extent that they are assumed, waived or paid by the Rental Company or its insurers
- Payments will be made to You in the currency You purchased the policy
Should You wish to notify us of a claim under Your Vehicle Rental insurance, you can do so a 5 days a week, 9am-5pm. You must give Us any information or help that We ask for. In respect of Section 1 and Section 2 You must not settle, reject, negotiate or agree to pay any claim without Our written permission.
Full details of how to notify us of a claim are set out below.
In the event of a claim please contact the Claims Department
CHEW Insurance Claims
Essex SS1 2JY
Tel: +44 (0) 203 362 2430
You will be asked to confirm details of the incident for which You are making a claim — please have Your policy number to hand. We will ask You to provide documentation to support Your claim (please see list below). It is important that You provide all documentation requested, as We may be unable to process Your claim until received.
- A copy of Your Vehicle Rental Agreement
- A copy of Your CHEW Insurance Certificate of Insurance issued to You when You purchased this policy
- Charge receipt for the rental (if separate from the Vehicle Rental Agreement)
- Copies of any invoices, receipts, or other documents confirming any amount You have paid in respect of the incident for which You are claiming
- A front and back copy of the driving licence of the person driving the Rental Vehicle involved in the accident (the driver). You may also be asked for other forms of identification
We may also require the following additional documents:
- If the incident by law requires the attendance of the Police, We require an original copy of the Police Report (a police report will be required if You are claiming for any theft, either of the vehicle or personal belongings)
- A copy of the Rental Company's accident damage report
- A copy of the Your credit card or bank statement showing payment of the damages claimed
- If You are renting a vehicle in your Home Area we will need proof of your pre-booked accommodation for three or more nights in a row. This applies to Annual multi-trip policies only
Failure to follow these steps may delay or jeopardise the reimbursement of your costs.